Summer Maintenance Guide | Mission, TX
Summer is hot — especially here in Texas. And while we all may enjoy the sunshine and heat, it can have negative effects on our cars if we don’t properly take care of them. Here are the most important summer maintenance tasks to remember each year, brought to you by the service team at Bert Ogden Maserati in Mission, TX.
• Schedule routine maintenance: Summer is a great time for road trips, but just be sure you have a fresh oil change and tire rotation before hitting the road. This is a good opportunity for the expert technicians at Bert Ogden Maserati to also check on important summer checklist items, like battery health (batteries have to work harder in hot temperatures) and coolant level (for keeping your engine from overheating).
• Check your tire pressure: When the temperature changes, so does the pressure in your tires. Check your tire pressure at least a couple of times a month to confirm proper inflation.
• Test the AC: Before it starts getting hot, it’s important to make sure your air conditioner is working properly. You don’t want to learn on the hottest day of the summer that your car’s AC is out of order.
• Check all your lights: We tend to stay out later during the summer season, meaning you’ll be doing more night driving. Check out your exterior lights to ensure none have burnt out. Replace if necessary.
• Pack an emergency kit: Your car should always have an emergency kit, but some items are seasonal or regional (like a collapsible snow shovel if you’re up north in the winter). In the summer, you will want to pack lots of water; keeping a case of bottled water in the trunk is always a good idea.
• Wash your car: Regular car washes protect your vehicle’s exterior and keep it looking good. When it’s warm enough out, skip the line at the car wash and wash it yourself at home.
For all your car maintenance needs during the summer and year round, trust the trained technicians at Bert Ogden Maserati in Mission, Texas.